Monday, November 14, 2005

My mentor for this term!

If anyone was curious about who my mentor is for this term, it is Brett Coderre from PIXAR! He's a great mentor and has been really pushing the idea of seperating actions! It's been something that not a lot of other mentors seem to be talking about but I find very important. It seems that when I mention this subject to other students that are studying character animation nod and say they know about it but when I view their work they seem to really miss the mark. (bear in mind that I'm sure that I am guilty of doing that very thing with many different parts of animation) My suggestion would be to pop in a PIXAR movie and frame by frame their work and see how they are moving the different parts of the body at different times. Everything shouldn't move at the same time!

Here's a bit about Brett Coderre!

Brett has been working with PIXAR Animation Studios since A Bug's Life. He is currently working on PIXARS 2006 CARS. Brett won The Visual Effects Society Award for Oustanding Character Animation with his fantastic work on Finding Nemo, for the Dory Whale speaking scenes.

No comments: