Friday, July 29, 2011

From the Mailbox




Got this in the analog inbox on Monday. I was going to share an electric bill but second guessing myself, I went with this instead. Starting in September I'm going to be heading to Blue Sky for temp work on Ice Age:Continental Drift! I've never been to New York or any part of the upper east coast before so I'm excited to get out there and check it out. I've heard great things about the people at Blue Sky as well. It'll be somewhere around 4-6 months of what I'm expecting to be a great experience! Between meeting new people, awesome animation, and exploring the town I'm sure the time is going to fly by. Now I just need to find out who's playing poker and where...

I'm definitely going to miss my DreamWorks Animation family but hope to squeak my way back in eventually! You have all been amazing coworkers and friends so it'll be a pleasure to work with you again! -deuces



In case you didn't piece together the word puzzle from my last post, it was - Cross Country Trip. :)

9 comments:

Darrin said...

Good Luck My Friend.. See ya soon.

Bobby Pontillas said...

Hey Adam congrats! I was in the same boat. I had never even been to the east coast before starting here at Blue Sky. Now I love this area, most especially the city, now. See you here soon , and don't worry , there's always a good group of guys playin poker =).

Adam Strick said...

Thanks guys! What's up Bobby! It'll be awesome working with ya and thanks for the heads up about poker! Makes me feel much more comfortable leaving LA. :)

AFightingPanda said...

Hey man, I know I am some crazy stranger who just follows your blog. But I want to say congrats! Getting into blue sky even as a temp is really awesome. I hope you enjoy the position and maybe it will open up some more doors for you.

Jacob said...

It goes without saying that you will be missed. But I'm super proud of you and happy for your next big adventure.

Oh and the word puzzle from the last post - I though it was Cross-Dressing-in-the-Fall. But I thought I shouldn't bring it up until you were ready to share your secret. If you enjoy seasonal cross-dressing, I'm ok with that and i support you.

JM2C said...

Oh man, huge congrats to you!!!

Adam Strick said...

Thanks again everyone! Gardner, I didn't think I'd have to give any clues for that but good guess. lol Jeff, how is everything?!

tinylittlesandra said...

I'm a bit late... but still,

So happy for you Adam, congrats and all the best!

I look forward to seeing your work! =)

Josh Lange said...

Hey Adam,

Just wanted to say congratulations on the next adventure! It's too bad we couldn't have hung out while you were here, but best of luck on the East coast.

Josh